- Americans spend $36,000,000 at Wal-Mart every hour of every day.
- This works out to $20,928 profit every minute!
- Wal-Mart will sell more from January 1 to St.Patrick's Day (March 17th) than Target sells all year.
- Wal-Mart is bigger than Home Depot + Kroger + Target + Sears + Costco + K-Mart combined.
- Wal-Mart employs 1.6 million people and is the largest private employer. And most can't speak English.
- Wal-Mart is the largest company in the history of the World.
- Wal-Mart now sells more food than Kroger & Safeway combined, and keep in mind they did this in only 15 years.
- During this same period, 31 Supermarket chains sought bankruptcy (including Winn-Dixie).
- Wal-Mart now sells more food than any other store in the world.
- Wal-Mart has approx 3,900 stores in the USA of which 1,906 are Super Centers; this is 1,000 more than it had 5 years ago.
- This year 7.2 billion different purchasing experiences will occur at a Wal-Mart store. (Earth's population is approximately 6.5 billion.)
- 90% of all Americans live within 15 miles of a Wal-Mart.
- Let Wal-Mart bail out Wall Street. Better yet... let them run the darn government.
Tuesday, March 31, 2009
Remarkable Wal-Mart trivia
Thanks to my bff Theresa for sending me this remarkable bit of Wal-Mart trivia: